Every so often I get asked what I use for all my content creation.
Wonder no more!
Here is a list of all the fun things that I use on a daily basis.
Last updated: February 14, 2021
Visual Studio Code is my current Editor
- I use a lot of VSCode plugins. See the full list here.
- Theme is Atom One Dark Syntax
- Using Jetbrains Mono:
'JetBrains Mono', Menlo, Monaco, 'Courier New', monospace
- iTerm2 is my terminal
- I use a pretty vanilla installation of Oh My Zsh for additional terminal functionality
- I use the built in Mac Quicktime Player to record my screen
- I use a Sony a6400 to record myself
- I use a Shure VP83 LensHopper to capture the audio directly into the camera
- And because the Sony camera doesn 't support a monitor and an external mic at the same time I use a Microphone Stand Extension Plate
- I put it all on a Joby GorillaPod
- I take the two recordings and edit them with Final Cut Pro X
- My computer is a 15-inch MacBook Pro (2018, 2.2 6-Core Intel Core i7, 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4)
- External monitor, Lenovo P27h ThinkVision USB-C Monitor 27" (1440p)
- Rain Design iLevel2 Laptop Stand
- I have an external Apple Keyboard and external Apple Touchpad
I recorded a fun video showcasing my recording setup. It's from October 2019 so may be a little outdated, but hopefully you find it useful!